Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Double Tree by Hilton, Los Angeles – Westside


Situated on the very outskirts of Culver City and located next to the 405 freeway and across the street from the LA Clippers practice facility, the Double Tree Hilton is semi-close to LAX and does provide shuttle transportation to the airport.

After entering the hotel, the registration desk is located to the right.  My first impression was that the hotel seems a little run down, and could use a mini-face lift.

Registration was quick and efficient.  The front desk person was friendly, but not overly so.  She did not verbally recognize me as a Hilton Honors Gold Member, but did ask if I would like the 1,000 points or breakfast as the amenity.  I opted for the breakfast.  After completing the registration process, I was also given the famous Double Tree Chocolate Chip Cookies along with a small box of trail mix.


Chocolate Chip Cookies & Trail Mix

Several days prior to my stay, I received an email from the hotel reminding me of my stay.  The email also inquired if I wished to have additional pillows or towels, and if I would like water and/or soft drinks waiting for me in the room.  A very nice touch!

Upon entering the room, were two bottles of water, a Diet Pepsi and Pepsi, as I had chosen from the previous email.  Well done!


Welcome Amenity


The room is fairly standard in size, with a king bed, small desk, lounge type chair with a large dresser.  What struck me as odd was that the TV was so high off of the ground.  The dresser drawer had a built in space for the TV, but the hotel has since upgraded their TV’s so it no longer accommodates the new TV.  Instead, there is a small refrigerator in the old TV cabinet space.


Bedroom

Desk & TV
I was pleasantly surprised that the room had a Sleep Number Bed, and also provided a set of earplugs for the really light sleeper.  Although this is a little gesture, it makes guest feel better that the hotel has provided things that many travelers may have forgotten to pack.


Sleep Number Bed Control

The bathroom is not super big, but has plenty of counter space.  There are Crabtree & Evelyn products, which is an upgrade to the standard no name or self-branded amenities usually found.



Bathroom


Toiletries

The breakfast buffet ($18.95) has a fairly nice spread.  There is an omelette and waffle station, pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and oatmeal for hot options.  There is plenty of fresh cut fruit, yogurt, cereal, muffins, pastries, bagels, toast and cereal for cold options.  Service was quick, friendly and helpful.

Self-parking is $15 per day with in and out privileges. .

Although a little rough around the edges, the Double Tree by Hilton, Los Angeles-Westside pays attention to the small things that will stick in the guests mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment