Saturday, October 11, 2014

Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Astoria



After a long day of flying, I arrived at the Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardiaAirport/Astoria a little after 9:00 PM.  The complimentary shuttle is very nice and convenient, but I had to wait about 25 minutes and had to call the hotel to find out their schedule.

The hotel is only about 10 minutes from the airport in a residential area right off the freeway.

I had used an expiring free night certificate as room rates were about $200.  Since I was only going to be there for about 8 hours, I thought this was an exceptional use of the certificate.

The hotel lobby is very small with a small seating area and tiny mini-mart.  What is convenient is that there is a television with outgoing flight information for all carriers.

The front desk is to the right.  Check-in was quick, and the front desk agent was very friendly.  She provided with menus of several local restaurants that provided free delivery when I asked if there were any good restaurants in the area.

Rom 304
I was given a room on the top floor, #304, which was at the end of the hallway.

Upon entering the room, the bathroom is on the right.

Sink
The bathroom is somewhat small but has a long counter top with tons of space.

Shower/Tub
Toilet
There is a shower/tub combo with great temperature control but water pressure was a little low.

TV


Microwave & Fridge
There is a TV, microwave and fridge in the room along with a coffee maker.

Desk
The desk is somewhat small and I would have a hard time getting any work done with the limited space.

Chair
There is a chair in the corner which probably doesn’t get much use.

Bed

The bed is comfortable with plenty of pillows.

The great thing about the room is that there are outlets everywhere which is always appreciated.  I don’t know why all hotels can’t get light fixtures with outlets built into them.

Stunning View

I did wake up to this great view in the morning however.

Breakfast Area
I did not have time to partake in the complimentary breakfast, but for once the breakfast area was very calm and not crowded at all.  Most of the hotels that offer a complimentary breakfast appear as though a food fight is about to break like in Animal House.  It usually is a free for all situation.

The hotel is clean, close to the airport, and the free shuttle and complimentary breakfast are extra perks.  If I needed to stay close to the airport again, I would stay here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment