Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Sheraton Suites Philadelphia Airport



The Sheraton Suites Philadelphia Airport Hotel is conveniently located about a mile from the airport and does offer complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport.  Their shuttle drivers appear to make a race out of each run though, seeing who can post the fastest time of the day.  In a way, you feel like you are part of the arcade game, Crazy Cabbie.  Luckily, I arrived at the hotel in one piece.

Upon check-in, the front desk agent could not find my reservation.  After showing her my confirmation, she did finally found my reservation.  She remained silent throughout the whole check-in process and just handed me my keys, did not explain any features of the hotel, she did not recognize my SPG Gold Status in which my primary goal for this stay was the late check-out since I had arrived on a red eye flight.  I had to inquire about all benefits of the SPG program.

View of Atrium
The hotel appears to have been an Embassy Suites at one point since it does have a large atrium open feel and look.

Being an all-suites hotel, one knows what type of room to expect.

Living Room
Upon entering the room, there is a fairly large living room with a sofa, chair and coffee table.

Desk/TV

There is a large desk, TV and most importantly two complimentary bottles of water.
Coffee Maker
Refrigerator
There is a small wet bar area with coffee maker and refrigerator.

Between the living room and bedroom, the bathroom is located to the left.

Bathroom
Sink
There is a single sink with ample counter space.

Shower/Tub Combo
There is a shower/tub combo with horrible water pressure and water temperature was not consistent when taking a shower.

Dresser/TV & Sitting Area
The bedroom is on the smaller side, with a large dresser/TV taking up much of the room.  There is a single chair in the corner. 

Bed
The bed was not very comfortable, and the linens were a polyester blend which was very scratchy and got extremely hot.  There are not many outlets in the bedroom and moving the night stands in order to get to an outlet was necessary.

The air conditioner did not seem to be working properly, as the room never got very cool.

I had a very indifferent stay at this property.  I would probably not stay here again in the future if in the area.  The saving grace was that I was able to file a successful Best Rate Guarantee claim which netted an extra 2,000 Starpoints.

No comments:

Post a Comment