Thursday, April 10, 2014

Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia



The CourtyardPasadena/Monrovia is closely situated to Santa Anita Park and the Los Angeles CountyArboretum (made famous by the opening scenes in Fantasy Island).  Pasadena is located about 10-15 minutes away depending on traffic.

The hotel is currently undergoing renovations which should be completed by the end of the year.

Lobby
Upon entering the hotel, the lobby is very small with only a couple of seats near the elevators.

Front Desk

The front desk is to the right.  Check-in was quick, friendly and efficient.  My Ritz Carlton status was recognized, and I was given bonus points as well as an item in The Market Place.

I was also informed that breakfast would be provided for all guests due to the renovations.  I thought this was a great gesture on the hotels part for any inconvenience that this may have caused any guests.

I was given a choice of being in a renovated room with the only drawback being that I would have a view of the freeway rather than the mountains.  Since I was curious to see how a renovated room looked, I went with that option.

Upon entering the room, the bathroom is located to the right.


Bathroom Sink
Bathroom Sink
There is a single sink with fairly limited counter space.

Shower/Tub Combo
There is a shower/tub combo with good water temperature but rather lackluster water pressure.

Bed
The bed is soft and comfortable, with limited walking space on the side closest to the wall.  The nightstands are rather small and can barely fit a phone, a bottle of water and glasses or reading material.

Sofa Bed
The large sofa bed takes up almost half the room.  Being primarily a business hotel, I’m not sure how often the sofa bed actually gets used.  It would be nice if the sofa was smaller to make the appearance of the room seems bigger.

Desk
There is a small split level desk, of which I am not a fan.

Coffee Maker
There is also a coffee maker and ice bucket.

Refrigerator
There is a mini refrigerator in the room.

The free breakfast provided was rather limited and included scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, oatmeal, fruit, and breads and pastries.  However I do think it’s a great gesture on the hotels part to offer a free breakfast as a consolation prize for the renovations.  Fortunately, I did not hear any construction noise during my stay.

Although the Monrovia area is not a “destination” city, if you need to be in the surrounding area, the hotel is clean and comfortable, and offers free parking.

No comments:

Post a Comment